Italian Sausage Condiment
- 1 green pepper sliced at least 1/4" thick
- 1 red pepper sliced at least 1/4" thick
- 1 Spanish onion sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms slicked about 1/4" thick
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- Fry the peppers, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the olive oil over medium-high heat until starting to wilt
- Cover and lower heat to medium and cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables give up their liquid
- Add in the tomato paste and stir thoroughly
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Tip! You can either serve hot, warm, or cold. It is also great to let your COOKED Italian sausage stew in this for about 30 minutes and then serve over pasta, polenta, rice, or in a bun. My kids and I also like to eat this with a spoon directly out of the refrigerator!