Free Domestic Shipping on All Orders!
Italian Sausage Seasoning Mix
$8.25 – $53.63
- 1 Italian Sausage Seasoning Mix package – 10 lb meat
- Bulk (10) – season up to 100 lbs of Italian sausage.
All seasonings are sold in individual packages, as kits, or as bulk. The kits and bulk orders will save you money! Also, if you would like to order in a larger quantity than I have listed (either of the same seasoning or of a combination of seasonings) please contact Papa Greco at [email protected] for a quote, depending on the quantity you can save a lot of money on large orders.
This is the sausage that got it all started! It is based on my grandfather’s recipe and is a mild fennel sausage. You can either link Italian sausage, make patties, or leave it bulk. Italian sausage makes WONDERFUL spaghetti sauce. These mixes will season 10 pounds of meat into Italian sausage. If you need a quantity, please contact me for a quote.
Save 35% with bulk ordering! Separately this would cost $82.50 – buying in bulk saves you $28.87!
This Greco Italian Sausage Seasoning Mix the one that started it all! It is the recipe my grandfather brought with him from Italy. It is traditionally made with all pork but can also be made with all turkey or a mixture of venison or beef and pork. It is also very versatile as it can be cased or left bulk. It can be cooked by roasting, grilling, pan frying, or steaming.
Ideas to use making Italian sausage
- You can use wine either dry red or dry white, I don’t recommend sweet, in place of the water to mix the sausage
- You can finely chop up garlic to taste and add to the meat. You can start with 2 cloves, cook and taste a little of the sausage and add more if desired. I also add the garlic to the liquid and mix with a hand blender to finely chop the garlic. That will distribute the taste more evenly through the meat
- You can add 1/2 cup of dried parsley to the meat
- You can add 1/4 cup of ground spaghetti (romano or parmesan) cheese to the meat
- You can add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion to the meat
- You can add 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper to the meat
- You can add dried red pepper to taste to the meat. You can start with 1 teaspoon, taste a little of the sausage and add more if desired.
- You can add 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel to the meat
If you grind your own meat, you can just grind the additional items with the meat rather than chop them fine. They will mix with the meat better that way.
You can also use combinations of the above ideas together such as using 1 cup of wine instead of the water, add chopped garlic, and dried red pepper. (my favorite combination!)
1, Bulk (10)